6 Delicious Ways To Add Healthy Chia Seeds to Your Diet
Are you aware of the health advantages of chia seeds? These small white or black seeds are packed with nutrients. Eating chia seeds is an easy way of getting additional macromolecule, fiber, and nutrients. They also have omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus – all essential for optimum health.
Since they don’t have a robust flavor, it’s simple to include them into several recipes.
Try these tips to add more seeds to your meals:
1. Bake with chia seeds. Seeds are versatile. Experiment with them in cakes, muffins, and cookies. Mix them in the original batters or sprinkle them on top of the finished products. Try different versions to find the one you prefer.
* Think about creating a chia seed bread loaf in the oven. For instance, you can crush the seeds in a blender or mixer and add them to the dough. These seeds add protein and fiber to bread and other baked goods.
* Try using seeds instead of poppy seeds in your recipes. They still style delicious and add a fun crunch.
2. Add chia seeds to puddings. Chia seeds work well in dairy and nondairy versions of puddings. Try blending almond milk with fruit, nuts, and seeds in a blender. Then, freeze the concoction till it’s solid, or refrigerate it for an additional fluid mix.
* If you prefer to use the seeds as a garnish, sprinkle them on top of puddings. A couple of teaspoons is usually enough.
3. Make water. Chia seed water is a straightforward and quick way of adding additional nutrition to your diet.
* It is easy to make water in your kitchen. Soak half a cup of chia seeds in six cups of water. Wait 20 to 30 minutes. Then, strain out the seeds and drink the water.
4. Try them in cereal. If you’re fascinated by attempting one thing new for breakfast, build chia seed cereal.
* First, soak the seeds in dairy, almond, soy, or other milk overnight.
* Add the seeds to a bowl in the morning. They should be softer and plumper. Fill the bowl with more milk. Then, add berries or bananas. Sprinkle with extra nutty or cinnamon and enjoy.
5. Add seeds to a stir fry. Whether you’re making a vegetarian stir fry or one with seafood and meat, seeds are a good addition.
* Simply sprinkle seeds into the pan along with other ingredients. They should get darker and crunchier in the pan as you stir fry your meal.
* Chia seeds can also replace herb seeds in some recipes.
6. Use seeds as a coating or thickener. Instead of breadcrumbs, consider using seeds to coat fish, meat, or other food.
* Grind up chia seeds in a mixer, in order to be smaller and easier to use. Try to turn them into a powder.
* Unfold the powder on fish or alternative meat rather than breadcrumbs. Cook them the same way as you would other breaded products. Just ensure they’re not overcooked and turn black.
* Some recipes require breadcrumbs or other things as thickeners. However, you can use chia seeds to thicken meatballs and burgers. Simply add powdered or ground seeds to the uncooked meat. This can also help save money by reducing the amount of meat you need.
Chia seeds are delicious and healthy. Try these tips and add more chia seeds to your meals at home for easy, tasty additional nutrients.