This healthy and delicious carrot cake smoothie tastes more like a decadent dessert than a nutritious way to start the day. The physical sweetness of the orange and carrots are adjusted by a trio of corresponding flavors, while a spoonful of homemade coconut whipped cream serves as the ideal completing touch.
Tip: For best outcomes, use coconut milk that doesn’t contain guar gum to make the whipped cream.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Coconut Whipped Cream Ingredients:
1 13.5-oz. can coconut milk, chilled
1-2 T. maple syrup (optional)
1 t. orange zest (optional)
1 c. coconut milk
1 large banana, cut into chunks and frozen
2 large stalks celery, roughly chopped
1 large orange, peeled
4 large carrots, roughly chopped
¾ t. cinnamon
¾ t. ground allspice
½ t. ground nutmeg
4-6 ice cubes
Finely chopped walnuts
- Chill coconut milk in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. To prepare, remove can from the refrigerator without shaking or turning and remove the lid. Scoop out the solidified “cream” from the top of the can and transfer to a mixing bowl. Hold remaining fluid coconut milk to use in a smoothie.
- Include maple syrup and orange zest, if preferred, to blending bowl and mix until light and airy. Permit coconut cream to heat up slightly before mixing if lumps persist. Cover and place bowl in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Include the coconut milk and frozen banana to a high-speed blender and mix until smooth, around 30 seconds.
- Add celery, orange, carrots, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and ice cubes. Mix on high speed until totally combined and creamy, roughly 1-2 minutes.
- Fill glasses and top with a scoop of coconut whipped cream. Garnish with a dash of cinnamon or finely chopped walnuts, if desired, and serve immediately.
Enjoy your carrot cake smoothie with coconut whipped cream!